Meet Dan Kelly
Q & A
- What is your position within your organization?
- Executive Director of the Shelter Association of Washtenaw County.
- What are your goals as a board member on behalf of MCAH?
- Ultimately, I want to help bring more awareness and support to those experiencing homelessness. I believe if more people were aware of how dire this issue of homelessness is to so many, that we would end homelessness for all of our fellow Michiganders.
- What skills/background did you bring to the position that benefits MCAH?
- I have worked in a wide variety of roles serving those experiencing homelessness from being a case manager to working on affordable housing to serving in my current role. I’ve seen the individual and system needs first-hand. My hope is that this helps us in driving new solutions to help us end homelessness.
- Why MCAH as opposed to another non-profit to give your time and talents?
- I believe everyone should have access to safe, affordable housing. It’s a core basic need and without it, so many amazing people are robbed of the opportunity to be their best self. Everyone deserves that chance without precondition.
- What else would you like us to know?
- I’m proud father of two young boys who love to (safely) visit construction sites to watch the big trucks at work!