Homelessness can happen to anyone with many households just three paychecks away from losing their home. While MCAH does not provide direct services, we encourage you to work with a provider in your area and hope we can guide you as you seek assistance to stay in your home or find new housing.
- If you are currently homeless or at-risk of losing your home, please contact 2-1-1 and get connected to local resources including eviction diversion, shelters, and more.
- The MI Bridges portal, operated by Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, connects people to resources and benefits, such as SNAP, SSI/SSDI, WIC, and more.
- In Michigan, each county has a Housing Assistance and Resource Agency (HARA) committed to helping you access the services you need. To access additional information about local providers, please visit MSHDA’s Homeless Resource Page and download the Housing Assessment and Resource Agency (HARA) Contact List
- If you need food assistance, contact your local food bank.
- Search for affordable rentals in your community through HUD’s Affordable Apartment Search.
- Find free or accessible care at a local health center near you.
- For assistance with employment or job training, contact your local Michigan Works! Service Center.
- Understand your rights as a tenant with the MSU Housing Clinic.
- Request Michigan Legal Help.
- File a Fair Housing Complaint or learn more with the National Fair Housing Alliance
- The following national hotlines have people able to speak with you at any time: