Congratulations for the Project Homeless Connect events that have been held so far. Below is a list of additional upcoming events:
- Mackinac County: August 30, 11 AM - 1 PM, Little Bear East Arena, St. Ignace
- Arenac County: September 20, 3 - 6 PM, Standish Lion's Club, Standish
- Muskegon County: September 27, 11 AM - 4 PM
- Baraga, Houghton, and Keweenaw Counties: September 28, 11 AM - 2 PM, Hope Fellowship Church, Houghton
- Get to Know Your McKinney-Vento Liason (September 29, 12-1 PM): Join us to hear from our panel of presenters from the McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Program at the Michigan Department of Education. They will give an overview of their programs across the state, as well as highlight some innovative programs that can be replicated in your community. Click here to register.
- FAP Enrollment (October 17, 10-11:30 AM): Join MCAH and the Food Bank Council of Michigan to learn about the Food Assistance Program (FAP) and the application process. Click here to register.
Have you missed a previous webinar? MCAH records all of our broadcasts, including our most recent webinar, Building a Community Collaborative: HandUp Detroit's Use of Crowdfunding to Create New Partnerships. Check us out on Vimeo for full access to our recorded webinars, or click here for a complete list including all accompanying handouts.
- Outreach Specialist/Volunteer Coordinator AmeriCorps Member: The Michigan Coalition Against Homelessness is seeking a candidate to fill a half-time position in our Lansing office to assist in Michigan's Campaign to End Homelessness by helping provide services that will increase other indivuduals' self-sufficiency in the area of income and life skills. Click here for the full position description and for information on how to apply.
MCAH will also be periodically looking to fill the following internship positions (look for the postings on Handshake):
- Finance Administration
- Fund Development
- Historical Curator
- Public Policy
- Web Content Design
Additionally, our partners at the Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency are currently looking to fill the position of Director of Supportive Housing and Homeless Services. Click here to apply.
[Please note that this is not a MCAH position]